Every object treated by Nzilani Glass Conservation is accompanied by a customized documentation packet. We offer extensive condition and treatment reports on restoration and conservation projects. Clients who commission new work receive a document listing the materials used and a brief description of the evolution of the final panel design.
DOCUMENTATION is delivered in a combination of digital and physical material, and may include:
- An annotated condition survey with recommendations including a timeline for future treatment
- A treatment report that describes the conservation process and provides instructions for handling and storage.
- “Before,” “during” and “after” images of the objects
- Rubbings on archival, acid-free velum
- Material samples: glass | lead | paint | sketches
- Monthly emailed reports for longer-term projects
Documentation allows our clients to be as informed as we are about their art – for future treatment, storage & display.”